Learning Design For School Leaders
Learning Design is a 2 months program executed with online learning contents and workshops in planning, preparation and execution of online learning as a learning booster. The workshops engage and walk participants through the principles and practical phases of designing an engaging and successful online course. Further, the participants learn to utilize learning analytics to continuously improve their courses and learning outcomes. The following chapters introduces the main elements of the four phases offered.
Please note that the exact, detailed content of the workshops and schedule will be designed later with the participants.
Phase 1: To open the world of digital learning and introduce key users into the latest pedagogical approaches.
The focus of the first workshop is in digital learning in general including following aspects:
• Planning an engaging digital learning program
• Learnings from the best digital pedagogical practices
• Latest in digital pedagogical service design. What keeps learners engaged
• How to use microlearning, flipped learning and personalisation
• Cognitive walkthrough as a tool for learning design
• Mapping the organisation’s possibilities for materials, activities and assessment
• A complete toolbox for designing successful digital learning activities
Phase 2: To help course designers, instructors and administrators to discover how to create engaging digital learning experiences.
In this workshop, we design a successful, effective and engaging digital learning experience from the selected Customer course/topic. The phase includes following aspects:
• Online course production: phases, production plan example, learning paths etc.
• Online courses in CLANED® to further develop community’s expertise.
• Existing course material walk-through and short evaluation. (The use of existing, available content is maximized).
• Focus on blueprints, outcomes and storyboards. How to use learning materials, instructions and learning activities to create an inspiring and engaging learning atmosphere.
• A concrete plan and schedule for course content creation.
Phase 3:To ensure successful deployment of the content. Following topics will be covered in the workshop.
• Examples of solutions to different course planning challenges
• How to utilize analytics to improve and adjust courses in real-time for optimal learning results and higher impact
• Prepare for pilot, prototype and measurement
• Reviewing, adjusting and final steps
• Course ready to launch. First batch of users will be invited to study.
Phase 4: This phase is an evaluation and iteration workshop. The timing is in the end of the first course deployment.
We use the gathered learning data to analyze the performance of the pilot course as well as to future improvements in order to improve the learning experience for the next batch of users. Later on, such iterations can take place in real time. In addition, this phase includes scaling up planning for a larger audience.
Course review and plan for improvements. How to scale up
• the amount of users
• the amount of courses